Fall is the best time to get your tires checked or purchase new tires for the upcoming winter months. Many tire brands offer a multitude of promotions this time of year to help customers stay safe on the road while keeping affordability in mind.
Fun Facts about Tires:
1. Early tires were white. Manufacturers added zinc oxide to the rubber for strength which had the side effect of turning them white.
2. Run-flat tires can drive for a time without air. Run-flat tires will go around another 100 miles after losing tire pressure. They are designed to go around 50 miles while driving at 50 mph, but if you drive at slower speeds you can get up to 100.
3. Most new cars don’t come with a spare tire. Many vehicle manufacturers, in an attempt to shed weight, stopped putting spare tires in new cars. Instead, they sell them with a patch kit and a can of compressed air.
4. Michelin is currently working on a new tire known as the “tweel.” It is described as an airless wheel and tire that comes in one piece. The hope is to offer the reality of no flat tires and replaceable treads.
5. Lego is the leading tire manufacturer! They produce over 306 million mini tires a year.
Listed below are a few of the brands (and there are many), that offer co-op funding for Tires. If you have any tire stores or auto dealers (parts and service departments) that are selling tires or doing alignments this is a great time to advertise the brands they carry and use co-op funding while doing it. Since we are getting close to the last quarter of 2022 – remember it’s use it or lose it – don’t let that co-op money “go off the road”!
Brand Name – Product/Service – High-Level Guidelines
- Bridgestone – Firestone – Tires
Mfr. will pay up to 100% reimbursement on traditional/digital advertising. Accrual amount varies depending on channel of the dealer.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company – Tires Accrual fund is earned quarterly, based on current year purchases. Mfr. will reimburse 80% for dealer made ads, 100% for Cooper made ads.
- Goodyear – Tires
You must enroll in order to participate in the program. Accrual funds earned on current year purchases (2.7 – 3.2%). Mfr. will reimburse between 25-75% for traditional/digital advertising.
- Michelin Tire – Tires
Accrual funds earned on current year purchases. Reimbursement rate varies as follows: 25% if competitors included in ad; 100% for exclusive ads; 125% if promoting only newly launched lines.
- Yokohama Tire Corporation – Tires
Mfr. will reimburse 100% for traditional/digital advertising. Accrual fund earned starts at 1% and can go to 2% on meeting the threshold on current year purchases.
Comments are closed for this post.