Post-Covid, the new travel normal may mean a shift from vacation rentals over hotels and drive rather than flying. The “new” family vacation maybe a road trip to a national park (think RV rental), or some attraction in a neighboring state. The travel industry has noted that they see a much better recovery and occupancy for the drive to destinations. Since this is the time of year that we start to plan a spring “getaway” be sure to plan ahead to give your car a little TLC before “hitting the road”.
You want to be sure that your auto insurance is renewed, your tires are rotated, and you have plenty of oil. You may also need a tune-up or engine flush, but you need to cover the basics first. Or, you may decide not to put the wear and tear on your car and either rent a car, or go big and rent an RV.
Here are just a few “family-friendly” venues across the United States:
- The Grand Canyon. If you are going between May 15 – October 15th, once you arrive you can trade-in your car (temporarily) and take a donkey for a ride down the canyon!
- Wisconsin Dells – this city in southern Wisconsin has tons of family-friendly activities. You can go to Noah’s Ark Water Park or Mt. Olympus Water Park. Or if hiking and fishing is more your thing you can take the family to Mirror Lake State Park.
- Walt Disney World – Orlando, FL. A week is probably not long enough to hit all four of their theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot Center, and Hollywood Studios). Don’t forget that they also have Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks. If you prefer dining and shopping there is Disney Springs which will provide you with so many choices it will be hard to decide. If you aren’t an amusement park person you can head a little over an hour east and be sitting on the sand in front of the Atlantic Ocean. A little over an hour to the west and you can be sitting in front of the Gulf of Mexico – decisions, decisions!
- If you are a “West Coast Person” there are unlimited options in sunny California. You have the whole Disney “thing” there, along with Knott’s Berry Farm and other top-notch amusement parks. If you are into movies and television, you can always make a stop in Hollywood and jump on board a TMZ bus for a Hollywood tour!
In every single state, there is something to see and enjoy. We get so busy in our day-to-day bubbles that we even forget that the state we live in has plenty to see and do if we just took the time to do it.
If you have any advertisers that run various attractions, this is a fabulous time to get on people’s radar as they are making spring travel plans. If your advertisers are in the auto repair business, RV business, insurance business, it’s also time to start promoting their service specials. I know that many newspapers still produce Spring Car Care Sections (just to get you thinking) and I would be lost without my phone popping up a coupon for my Valvoline Oil Change (or I would be late again!).
Listed below are just a few of the brands that your advertisers can promote to thousands (if not millions) of vacation-ready folks!
Brand Name – Type of Product – Brief Plan Description
- Ford Quick Lane – Ford and Omnicraft Parts
Quick Lane dealers earn accrual funding from January – June and again from July – December. The 1st half of the fund must be spent by December 31, 2021, and second half by June 2023. Quick Lanes earn 4.5% of their purchases as their accrual fund and the brand will reimburse 50% of advertising costs.
- General Motors – Parts Dealers – Auto Parts – Oil & ATF
Accrual funds are earned based on prior year’s purchases. Brand will pay up to 100% of ad costs.
- Jasper Engines & Transmissions – Automotive/Marine Engines/Transmissions
Retailers earn 3% of prior year purchases. Brand will pay up to 50% of ad costs.
- Johnson Outdoors – Eureka – Eureka tents and Sleeping Bags
Retailers earn 2% of all purchases made between 9/28/21 and 10/3/22. Brand will reimburse 50% of ad costs.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company – Car & Light Truck Tires
Dealers earn 1% of current year purchases as their accrual fund. Brand will pay between 80-100% of ad costs.
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co. – Property, auto, casualty, life insurance
Brand will reimburse 50% of ad costs. Agents earn accrual funds based on prior year’s signed agreements.
These are just a few of the vacation-ready brands, there are hundreds more in Localogy’s Co>Op Connect database! If you would like a demo of our database contact Alanda Hunt at Alanda@localogy.com.
Comments are closed for this post.