Section 179 of the IRS tax code allows businesses to deduct the full purchase price of qualifying equipment and/or software purchased or financed during the tax year. That means that if your customer (advertiser) buys (or leases) a piece of qualifying equipment, you can deduct the FULL purchased price from their gross income. It’s an incentive created by the U.S. government to encourage businesses to buy equipment and invest in themselves which is perfect for small business owners. Now imagine if you work with companies buying/selling large agricultural equipment and can help them with co-op funding from the manufacturer AND bring this deduction to their attention! Equipment must be purchased and put into service by December 31, 2021, to qualify. Again, this is good timing as most co-op funds expire at year-end and as we are coming up on the last quarter, they need to use the funds or lose them.
Let’s look at just a few of the agricultural brands that are in Localogy’s Co>Op Connect database:
Company Name – Plan Comments
- Case Agriculture/CNH – They will reimburse 50% for brand-created ads and 25% for dealer-created ads. Dealers earn 1% from the prior year’s purchases.
- Harvest by Meridian – This is a new program to the Co>Op Connect database. Contact Sid Lockhart @ email@example.com for complete details.
- John Deere Ag & Turf – They will reimburse 50% based on the dealer’s prior year purchases.
- Kioti Tractor Division – They will reimburse 50%. Dealers earn 2% based on their prior year purchases.
- New Holland Agriculture – They will reimburse 50% for traditional advertising and 75% for digital ads. The accrual amount earned varies based on dealer level.
These are just a few of the brands available in the database. If you have customers that own a franchise store, Farming Store, or Agricultural business you want to bring this to their attention!
To find more agricultural brands, along with thousands of other brands that may offer co-op funding to your customers, contact Alanda Hunt for a demo of the Localogy Co>Op Connect database. She can be reached at 866-323-5504 or email Alanda at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed for this post.