You probably do not think of co-op funding when considering football – but you should! For school age (junior high and high school) and college players, they may need equipment. If you are going to see any professional teams around the country, what is football without a tailgate party and sports attire? Now you see where I am going with this…there are plenty of different opportunities to help your advertisers locally with football as the “theme.”
Below are some “fun facts” about football that hopefully help with some creative advertising ideas:
- November 12, 1892, was the birth of pro football. The Allegheny Athletic Association defeated the Pittsburgh Athletic Club.
- How many footballs are required for an NFL game? You must have 30 if played at an indoor venue and 54 if played outdoors.
- There are 32 teams in the NFL—16 in the American Football Conference and 16 in the National Football Conference.
- There is a total of 1,696 players on the 32 NFL teams. 1,504 are on the active roster, and 384 are on the practice squad.
- NFL attendance shows 18.82 million people were present in the regular 2022 season. The average attendance per game was 69,389 (wow, some great numbers for stadium advertising!)
Let’s look at a few brands that you may see advertised in stadiums and see how you can tie them into your local advertising:
Brand – Product/Service – High-Level Guidelines
- Grinnell Mutual Insurance – Insurance (Home, Auto, etc.)
Mfr. will reimburse 50-75% for traditional/digital advertising. The accrual fund is based on a total of last year’s written premiums multiplied by .0031 for Agents and .0028 for Mutuals.
- Bridgestone (the official tire of the NFL)
Passenger Tires & Light Truck Tires Mfr. will reimburse up to 100% for traditional/digital advertising. Accrual amount earned varies by the channel of the dealer.
- Empire Comfort – Broilmaster Premium Gas Grills – Gas BBQ Grills
Mfr. will reimburse 50% for traditional/digital advertising. Accrual fund is 2% of current year purchases.
Comments are closed for this post.