I know it is just the first week of August and you don’t want to hear about Fall, however hunting and fishing season is right around the corner. Depending on what you are hunting for you may need to upgrade your ammunition and other gear. And, depending on which type of fish you are after you may be out there right now reeling them in!
Hunting and Fishing Facts
- In most of the Midwestern states, hunting season can start as early as September 12th. Most of these states start out with bow season before moving to firearms.
- Starting in September in Texas it is “open season” on feral hogs. These hogs actually do about $52 million dollars in damage to crops and property annually!
- If you are looking for big game hunting – head to Canada! Canada offers some of the best black bear hunting on the planet. If you are looking to hunt Caribou or Muskox then Canada is the only place to go.
- In early fall, mid-September through October, you will most likely catch salmon, smallmouth bass, Walleye, and lake whitefish in the Midwest states. In Florida you would be catching Mangrove Snapper and Flounder while the west coast would bring you King Salmon, Steelhead and Halibut in September.
- There are an estimated 12 million registered/documented boats in the U.S.
- It costs between $50 and $200 per foot for indoor boat storage and between $20 and $50 per foot for outdoor storage.
As a Media Publisher or Agency working with customers in the following lines of business you have real opportunity to help your customers by utilizing the co-op funds they may have earned.
Boats, Marine Stores, Marinas, Storage Facilities, Hardware Stores, Sporting Goods Stores, Bait & Tackle Shops, Gun & Ammo Stores, Shooting Ranges, Archery Ranges/Stores and even ATV dealers (you need a way to travel in those woods!).
Listed below are just a few of the brands that offer co-op funding for these lines of business. You will find many more in the Co>Op Connect database.
- Daiwa Corporation (rods and reels)
- Northport Marine – MirroCraft Boats (Fishing & Ski boats)
- Suzuki Marine (outboard motors)
- Tohatsu Marine (outboard motors)
- Premium 360 Ammunition (this company has 8 brands of ammo)
- Weatherby, Inc. (ammunitions, rifles, shotguns, accessories)
- Browning (Guns & Gun Accessories)
- Winchester Repeating Arms (Firearms)
- BRP – CAN-AM (ATV/SxS) (All Terrain and side by side vehicles)
The Localogy Co>Op Connect database contains all the information for thousands of brands in hundreds of different verticals. For a database demo, or for more information call 866-323-5504 or email Alanda Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed for this post.